In the last year YouTube has made it more and more difficult to download content from their website. So if you would like to "legally" embed videos into your presentation here are step by step instructions to embed YouTube content directly into your PowerPoint 2007 Presentations.
Instructions for PP 2007:
1. Copy the YouTube URL that you would like to view
2. In PowerPoint turn the Developer Tab on by clicking the MS logo on the top left of the screen. At the bottom of the window that pops up click the PowerPoint Options button. Check the box that says "Show Developer Tab in Ribbon."
3. Now that you have the Developer Tab in PP click on the More Controls button it looks like a hammer and a wrench.
4. Select Shockwave Flash Object
5. Now "draw" the box on your PP where you would like the Youtube video
6. Right Click on the box and select Properties
7. In the box to the right of Movie Paste your YouTube URL
8. Now change the URL as follows delete "watch?" and change the = sign to /
How-to-Video for 2007:
How-to-Video for 2003: