Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Google has Changed the Way we Teach

Several weeks ago a friend of mine sent me the Bart Simpson episode that talks about cellphones in the classroom. One of my favorite quotes is from Bart's new teacher, "Are you telling me you memorized that fact when anyone with a cellphone can find that in thirty seconds?" The truth screamed out at me. We can no longer use low level questions in the classroom or for homework. A student does not even need to read or even use his textbook to find the answers they only need keyboarding skills and Google

How do we fix this?
1. Ban Google
2. Google proof questions.

Students must be challenged to use the upper level of Blooms Taxonomy. Questions must make them apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate.

I wish I could take credit for all these thoughts, but I cant please check out the ElectronicEducator's blog.

No comments: