Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Have Been Chromed: Google Chrome

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Chrome because I was building a  mobile website and needed a browser built with webkit to see how the format would look.  The more I used it the more I liked it. One of the benefits I notice right from the beginning was when I right clicked and viewed the source code all other browsers left a lot of code out, but Google Chrome allowed you to see all of it.

As I used it I started to like the minimalistic view, but I really like to keep my favorite sites on the toolbar I eventually figured out how to do this in the settings.  I also liked the twitter integration that I had in FireFox.  I found everything I was looking for in the Chromed Bird extension.  I also liked the fact that it was multi-platform and open source.

The last feature was the deal breaker for all the other browsers.  The Chrome App store.  As an educator I started to look through the educational apps.  Here are the ones that I recommend:  PBSKids, Google Books (3 million books), Kid Mode for Chrome, Cramberry (make your own flashcards), and many more...

No comments: